How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask rayanswers Your Own Question
rayanswers, Attorney
Category: Education Law
Satisfied Customers: 42191
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years representing children and parents.
Type Your Education Law Question Here...
rayanswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I know it is probably a big difference between a public and

Customer Question

I know it is probably a big difference between a public and private high school(clearly a contract was signed), but in my case can a public high school refuse to release my daughter's transcripts to the college she will be attending in about a month because there are $400 in fees remaining on her account? I requested a payment plan and they refused and said they will only release after paid in full.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Education Law
Expert:  rayanswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

More information on the law here, they have to let her assume the loan.She just needs to call them.Federal law, specifically the Garn-St. Germain Depository Institutions Act of 1982, allows an exception to the due-on-sale clause when a property transfers by inheritance. The law allows a close relative who inherits property to assume payments on the mortgage and retain ownership of the property. A joint tenant, who shares title to the house, may also assume the mortgage; the most common situation involves a surviving spouse who still lives in the residence

There is no qualifying here if she just notifies them she is heir and the other person deceased.Garn-St. Germain says they have to let her assume it without strings or qualifying here.

Expert:  rayanswers replied 1 year ago.

Sorry please disregard, this was a site error.Stand by other experts will reply.Please do not reply or rate yet.