Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney in general practice,
7286322

My daughter has been on 504 program since 5th grade, he i

Customer Question

My daughter has been on 504 program since 5th grade, he i currently due to graduate this year (for 2nd time), and the school has advised me she will not graduate with her class. I have requested for several years, last year officially, for a learning disability evaluation to get her a more effective learning program--denied. I requested again this year, and the evaluation is still not complete. My daughter will be 20 this year, and the school tells me she may no longer be able to attend school.What can I do?
Category: Education Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me:

1) What is her condition?

2) Are you saying that the school is not providing reasonable accommodations under the 504 Plan? Or, what specifically?

3) What state is this in?