How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TJ, Esq. Your Own Question
TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Category: Education Law
Satisfied Customers: 12249
Experience:  JD, MBA
Type Your Education Law Question Here...
TJ, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've been out of school 20years. I received a letter that

Customer Question

I've been out of school for over 20years. I received a letter that stated my wages would garnished if I didn't make arrangements. I did but I stated to them that the amount wasn't mine. But they said if I didn't pay now because it was close to the 30 days theyve giving me before action was to be taking I set up arrangements. But I felt forced into something that's not mine only because I didn't want to be garnished. What can I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Education Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

If the debt isn't yours, and they won't work it out with you, then you can stop paying, wait for a garnishment, and then sue the lender for the false garnishment. You should be sure to document your attempts to communicate with the lender and to get this situation straightened out so that the judge sees that you attempted to get the lender to do the right thing, and they refused. But hopefully it won't come to that ... I would only sue as a last resort. Until then, I would continue your efforts to get them to see that they've made a mistake.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating to close out this question (and please remember that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!