How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Education Law
Satisfied Customers: 31770
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Education Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My nephew was assaulted by a substitute teacher on Wednesday.

Customer Question

My nephew was assaulted by a substitute teacher on Wednesday. The principal told his mother that the sub wouldn't work again in the district but I feel the person should be reported to authorities. My nephew no longer feels safe at his school.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Education Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. Your nephew and his parents can file criminal charges against the substitute teacher for assault and batters....which is a criminal offense. Also, your nephew and his parents could file a civil suit against the substitute and the school district for the actions of the substitute and the negligence of the school. Generally, it's best to file criminal charges first.....and if those charges are sustained / result in a guilty plea/verdict, then the civil case is very lucrative because the conviction establishes liability/culpability.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you have any additional or follow-up questions. Thanks!