Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

My nephew was assaulted by a substitute teacher on Wednesday.

Customer Question

My nephew was assaulted by a substitute teacher on Wednesday. The principal told his mother that the sub wouldn't work again in the district but I feel the person should be reported to authorities. My nephew no longer feels safe at his school.
Category: Education Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. Your nephew and his parents can file criminal charges against the substitute teacher for assault and batters....which is a criminal offense. Also, your nephew and his parents could file a civil suit against the substitute and the school district for the actions of the substitute and the negligence of the school. Generally, it's best to file criminal charges first.....and if those charges are sustained / result in a guilty plea/verdict, then the civil case is very lucrative because the conviction establishes liability/culpability.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you have any additional or follow-up questions. Thanks!