How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Colleen Grady Your Own Question
Colleen Grady
Colleen Grady, Attorney and Councelor at Law
Category: Education Law
Satisfied Customers: 555
Experience:  Assistant Principal, 17 years in the field of Education
Type Your Education Law Question Here...
Colleen Grady is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter has been bullied . I reported it to the

Customer Question

My daughter has been bullied for months. I reported it to the principal twice. I then got them to file a bullying report when I mentioned I spoke to the police. They deemed it a conflict. My daughter stopped telling me anything, then I found out she was cutting herself. She said she didn't know what else to do, since nobody believed her. She recorded a video on the bus of the whole bus cheering the bully on to hit her. Come to find out the situation was worse then ever. The bus aide and driver never reported any of these incidents. They just sat there while she was being tormented. Her doctor said it is in her best interest to be under home school instruction while she gets therapy. I have pressed charges on all parties. What else can I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Education Law
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I will help you with your questions. I have been an attorney for 26 years and in the field of Education for 16 years. I am so sorry your daughter is going through this. You could file a complaint with the Department of Education for the state in which you reside. If you give me your state, I will give you the information on how to do this.You may also consider bringing a civil law suit against the district for the adult failure to protect her on the bus and failing to act after you spoke with the principal.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The state is NJ.
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 1 year ago.
Here is the link to a Parent Handbook regarding Bullying. Go to page 19. You have several options for filing complaints against the school district: may also want to seek a consultation with an attorney to file a civil lawsuit against the school district. Here is another link to Lawyer Referral programs in County Bar Associations in NJ. Go to your county link.Please let me know if I can help you more. I will be happy to answer more of your questions. If you are satisfied with my help, please rate me.
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 1 year ago. am sorry. The Lawyer Referral link did not go through.