Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney in general practice,
7286322

My daughter freshman is being accused of drinking alcohol at

Customer Question

my daughter freshman is being accused of drinking alcohol at school during regular school hours which happened a week ago where two other girls she associates with were drinking on and off all day. My daughter states that it was a disguised water bottle dark with white tape wrapped around it and when the girl told her to hold it, my daughter did not know what it was or the fact that this girl took a picture of her with it in her hand. She also states that when the girl offered it to her, my daughter smelled it and realized it was alcohol and refused to drink it and then left. My daughter's athletic coach along with the security officer questioned the girls who were accused of drinking a week after it had happened. The athletic coach, not the security officer, came to the conclusion based on what the supposed witnesses had said during questioning including another person who was not involved but was around at the time, that my daughter had been drinking. I was approached by the coach after practice on that 7th day and told about a picture that my daughter was in with the possession of alcohol and that he said I was to meet with him and the principal the next day and gave me a time. I show up at the principles office at that exact time and the principle has no idea what is going on and if or what my daughter has been accused of. The security officer and the coach then meet with us in the principle's office and discuss the issue. One of the questions I asked was about liable witnesses who were not directly using the alcohol. At this meeting it was decided it was undecided because the coach hasn't gathered enough evidence yet. I asked the coach if my daughter could come to practice and participate in the tournament this weekend. He replied yes. My daughter called me early from practice and said the coach was sending her home and would meet with a specific person in the morning for the process of being suspended. I want to hire a lawyer
Category: Education Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the coach has alleged that through his further investigation that other witnesses have stated that my daughter told them that she had been drinking.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The principle is said, "There are more than 2 people saying that your daughter told them that she drank alcohol. You can't beat that." This was after I found out from my daughter calling me from practice saying that she was to be suspended and I called the principle. I asked him if the coach was the only one investigating and if there were any other adults around. He said, "no, that's how we do all our investigations." I told him that I believed my daughter was falsely accused by the coach. He raised his voice and that's when he made the first statement I mentioned about 2 people and not being able to beat that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do I do when I meet with them in the morning? do I just go along with the procedures. What rights do I insist on?
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you. Please respond if you're currently online. I'm also available by phone if you would prefer that format.