How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Attorney
Category: Education Law
Satisfied Customers: 218
Experience:  Attorney in general practice,
Type Your Education Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I applied to a college assistant. i before completing the

Customer Question

i applied to a college for dental assistant. i before completing the admissions process i let the admissions counselor and program director know that i had a felony on my record and he both assured me i would be ok and that the felony wouldnt hinder me. After a term in it was time to take a state exam and i was told because of my felony i couldnt take the test and i would have to wait five years to test and become certified after i graduated by the dean of the school. i fell like i was lied to and mislead by school personnel now im stuck with these student loans that have to be repaid back when if they were straight forwarded with me like i was with them i couldve weighed my options and maybe not be stuck with such high loans. i was wondering could i have a case for my student loan repayment and pain and suffering?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Education Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Do you have anything in writing from the college stating that you can obtain a license right away with a felony conviction?

Related Education Law Questions