CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

My son was held inside, alone in an empty room while having

Customer Question

My son was held inside, alone in an empty room while having a panic attack. The woman who led the door knob from the outside of the room was from a registration office across the street. What legal action can i take?
Category: Education Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

What you describe is "false imprisonment".

I would recommend contacting a local civil litigation attorney to discuss your child's case and potential lawsuit.

Fortunately the majority of these attorneys will provide you with a free consultation, and many will represent you on a contingency basis (they will advance the costs of litigation and legal services in exchange for a portion of your successful settlement or judgment).

You can find local attorneys using the State and Local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as www.AVVO.com; www.FindLaw.com; or www.Martindale.com (I personally find www.AVVO.com to be the most user friendly).