Education Law

Education law questions? Ask an education lawyer

Can I sue my daughter's University her scholarship due to…

Customer Question
Can I sue my daughter's...
Can I sue my daughter's University for losing her scholarship due to her advisor not filing paperwork? Her scholarship was $7,000 a year for receiving a 24 on her ACT & being an out of state student. She didn't lose it because, of her grades she received a 4.0.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Education Law
1/17/2016
Education lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 2 years ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Is this something that was 100% the responsibility of her advisor? Were they required to do this or was it something whereby your daughter had to make sure everything was sent and received on time. Just trying to get an idea if it was the obligation of the school/advisor

Ely, Attorney