How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask rayanswers Your Own Question
rayanswers, Attorney
Category: Education Law
Satisfied Customers: 41035
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 30 years representing children and parents.
Type Your Education Law Question Here...
rayanswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My kids are in gh school in Texas and I see in their grades

Customer Question

My kids are in high school in Texas and I see in their grades that they are allowed to:
Their teachers are actually going in and altering their grades. The teacher said he bumped up his grade.
If they have an incomplete for a period they do not get and incomplete for entire period. They get their last grade. They had an 90 and the next period they had and incomplete but they received a 90.
If they do poorly on a test they can retake the test to improve their score.
I contacted the principal about this and he says it all legal.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Education Law
Expert:  rayanswers replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.

I would file a complaint here with TEA, Texas Education Agency and the school superintendent.This sounds fishy to me an dit needs to be reported and looked into.There may be some problems with all of this and it should be investigated.

You can file the TEA one online.

You may also want to write letter to superintendent expressing your concerns and stating you filed a complaint with TEA.These things should be investigated and this is how to get it started.


I appreciate the chance to help you today.

I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving here.

Related Education Law Questions