How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Education Law
Satisfied Customers: 118255
Experience:  Attorney handling education matters.
Type Your Education Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a complaint against a public community college. Their

Customer Question

I have a complaint against a public community college. Their nursing department is giving the same grade for co-requisite classes. I received a failing grade in a theory class which subsequently led me to receive a failing grade in the clinical class. Both classes are however graded separately as far as exams and assignments. I was not aware I would receive a failing grade for clinical when I legitimately have an A in that class. I am a military member using VA education benefits. Due to the failing grade in clinical I now have a below 2.0 GPA which I now will be required to repay tuition for those classes causing financial stress to my family and I. Is this something I should consult with an attorney or write my congressman?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Education Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The Texas courts have stated that absent proof of age/race/sex/disability/national origin discrimination in the grading, they will "not stand in the shoes of the educational institution" and will not get involved in any issues about grades or curriculum. So this is not a matter taht can go to a court I am afraid.
Your congressman cannot help really either. The only one who can help you in this would be the dean of the school and the department of higher education that oversees the school. Other than those two options and appealing to them, I am afraid it is not a legal matter the courts will address or entertain.