How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Education Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Education Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

County school denies my child enrollment after we got caught

Customer Question

Henry county school denies my child enrollment after we got caught last year for living in a different country. ..what can I do to legally to get her enrollment
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Education Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.

You need to be living in Henry County.

While the County can legitimately deny enrollment for fraudulent residency affidavit (this is actually a very serious matter, in some counties they even prosecute this as a misdemeanor), if you are actually living in the county your child must be accepted into the school district. Do expect the district to require more stringent burdens of proof (you already got caught lying to them once), so be patient and be prepared to provide them with whatever documentation they require - rental/mortgage papers, utilities, etc.