Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney in general practice,
7286322

Why would a school not test or recommend an IEP to a student

Customer Question

Why would a school not test or recommend an IEP to a student who has been diagnosed with ADHD and for the past 5 years he has been suspended and put out of his class a number of times. MY son failed and they nothing but suspend him keeping him from doing some assignments, I truly feel the wanted him to fail. he has taken a state test and has exceeded in every topic and IQ is higher than average, nut he lacks the knowledge. He has a low processing speed.
Category: Education Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Did you ask for any testing or for an IEP or at least a 504 plan from the school?