Ely, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney in general practice,
7286322

Can someone tell me whether or not I have a case? It has to

Customer Question

Can someone tell me whether or not I have a case? It has to do with discrimination in my son's private school.
Category: Education Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.
1. Please tell me about the situation at school. What discriminatory practices are taking place?
2. When you ask about a case, do you mean that you want to know if you have a meritorious cause of action for a lawsuit against the school, or against persons at the school?
This seems like a very serious situation for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might better suit your needs. If you are interested, I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. I will make that offer to you after I get this posted to your question thread. All you need do is accept the offer if you would like me to call.
Thanks in advance,
Doug
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your reply. I would like a phone call
Thank you
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon,
I have processed the offer of the call and you should have received it by now.
In order for me to call you, you will need to accept the offer off the additional service for the call. After accepting, please provide your phone number in the box entitled "Enter private contact info"? And then send me a quick Reply to let me know that you have posted the number, so I can call you.
Thanks in advance,
Doug
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have to pay an additional 44 dollars? What was the 35 for?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
Your original payment was for posting your question on the site. The additional charge is for the additional service of the phone call.
If you need assistance navigating the system or understanding a billing issue, you can contact customer service at(###) ###-####
Doug
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It costs 35 dollars to post only a question? if I could afford to pay a lawyer in person I would but to take advantage online isn't fair. I wanted to ask a few questions and it will cost me close to 80 dollars?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please refund my money
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
I am unable to further assist you in this matter, and I am going to opt out of your question and open this up for other professionals.
Your question is being placed back in the question list for other professionals to see, and to respond to. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should another professional pick it up, you should be alerted by email unless you actively disable this feature.
There is no need for you to reply at this time as this may "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other professionals' access to it.
I apologize for any inconvenience and wish you well in your future.
Doug
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have been waiting patiently for a new response and at this point I'm no longer interested in your services. Please refund my money.