How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Attorney
Category: Education Law
Satisfied Customers: 218
Experience:  Attorney in general practice,
Type Your Education Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Defaulted on student loan /c not graduated,without prior notice

Customer Question

defaulted on student loan b/c not graduated,without prior notice they placed garnish on my account what can i do now
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Education Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question. I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation. Are you being garnished because you defaulted on federal student loans?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Legal Discussion by Email. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
I cannot communicate with customers, outside of this website. So please continue communicating with me on this website. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No it's a private loan from Astrive
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your follow up.
Were you sued by this private loan lender and did the loan lender obtain a judgment against you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your follow up.
Did you make payment arrangement with the private loan lender to satisfy court ordered judgment yet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That is what I want to do now but how in terms of payment
The loan amount was $16.000 sixteen thousand. I need a Professional to assist me
1. Reduce the principal so that it can be paid faster( if the interest can be adjusted)
2. Come up with reasonable monthly payment that they can accept
3.advise me on the precede
The person I consigned the application contacted a local attorney but he is asking $2500.00 flat fee
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately, it appears that you are looking for legal service, which can only be provided by your local attorney, as this service is limited to legal professionals, such as myself, providing customer with general answers, to customers' legal questions.
I will opt-out of your question at no charge to you and wish you the best of luck!
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I am a different contributor, as your previous contributor has opted out.
You do understand we cannot represent you in any legal matter, it is forbidden by state law?
All we are allowed to do is provide you information so you can work to help yourself to be better informed and to get a local attorney if necessary as your situation develops. Is this sufficient for you?

Related Education Law Questions