How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mr Lofton Your Own Question
Mr Lofton
Mr Lofton, Lawyer.
Category: Education Law
Satisfied Customers: 1291
Experience:  30 years of experience as a counselor and trial lawyer
Type Your Education Law Question Here...
Mr Lofton is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter is legally blind and has been on a 504 plan for

Customer Question

My daughter is legally blind and has been on a 504 plan for many years. Last spring her school did not follow the accommodations on her plan, they made her take state testing lasting hours in the same manner a "two eyed" child would. They broke the law they admitted to it and now I don''t know what to do I have literally everything in writing but what kind of lawyer do I need? Do I have a case? Do I sue the school for money? Please help I want to fight for my daughters civil rights, the school should not be allowed to get away with what they did.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Education Law
Expert:  Mr Lofton replied 9 years ago.

You have rights, not uonly under Virgina Law bu the federal Americans with Disabilities Act. There is an excellent wb site with all that you will want to know:

All the best,

Related Education Law Questions