E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a kindle paperwhite that looses the connection at the…

I have a kindle...

I have a kindle paperwhite that looses the connection at the USB cord site. I have tried different USB cables with the same results. I am guessing one of the posts is bent inside the kindle. Can this be fixed

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Has been intermittent for the last 3 weeks. Have tried different plug in sites and cables. At first very positional. Now cannot get a connection unless holding a certain way and not for any length of time

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at this time

7/11/2018
Sijad H.
Sijad H., Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

If your device is less than a year old, you can call 1(###) ###-####and request an RMA to send your device into Amazon for repair/replacement.

If your device is older than a year, it means the warranty has run out on the device. However, you can take it to a place like Geek Squad at Best Buy and they should be able to repair the tablet for you. Another option is one of the kiosk at the malls that do cell phone repair can also repair tablets that have a charging port issue.

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
Thanks. Should I put everything that is downloaded onto the cloud so it doesn’t get lost during the repair process or will the device retain it

Yes you can, however all your books should already be on the cloud. It was always safe to make a back up though.

Please take a moment to rate my answer. If there is anything else I can do for you, please let me know!

Best,

Sijad

Sijad H.
Sijad H., Technician