E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

T 2 years old. 2 weeks ago, after charging, it would NOT…

Customer Question
T 2 years old...

T 2 years old. 2 weeks ago, after charging, it would NOT turn on. What can i do to check it out? I also charged it again using a different charger and outlet.

Technician's Assistant: What exactly is frozen or not starting up for you?

It will not turn on.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Amazon Kindle fire 10, CE0682

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: E-Readers
7/4/2018
Electronics Technician: info tech, Technician replied 1 month ago
info tech
info tech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
Whilst this may be a hardware issue I am hopeful you have success doing this>>>
Please reset the kindle by holding down (or slide to the right on early kindles) the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.
Let me know if you need more help OR if this does not work for you.