E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Kindle will not charge. Couple days tried different chargers…

Customer Question
Kindle will not charge ...

Kindle will not charge

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Couple days tried different chargers but like after all night and day yesterday only was 21%when i got home from work

Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: E-Readers
6/1/2018
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 23 days ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

If the device still does not work beyond that, then please reply back with the Model of the Kindle and also the AGE of the unit- and we can proceed.

Were you able to try those steps and are you still having the same problem?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Kindle fire and not even a year old got for Christmas
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 22 days ago

If the above steps did not work then there is a hardware issue with your Kindle.

Please call Amazon here ---> 1-***-***-****

Let them know that your Kindle has hardware issues and you need a replacement

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Do you need further assistance with this?

The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.