E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

The books I ordered from amazon went to my cell phone.

Customer Question
The books I ordered...

Technician's Assistant: What Amazon model do you have?

Regular. I am not prime. My email was changed because verizon no longer did email. I have gmail now.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Amazon e-reader? What have you tried so far?

I changed my email on my kindle fire and created a new account with amazon

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Help. I love to read. Lol

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: E-Readers
5/31/2018
Electronics Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 2 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Please give me just a moment to review your question.

Please note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them.

Thank you Alison

Please login to your new account at www.amazon.com/myk. On the page that appears next, you will see a CONTENT Tab and a DEVICES Tab. Please click on the DEVICES tab and make sure that your Kindle Fire is listed as a device for this account. If it is not, you will need to go to settings and device and DEREGISTER the Kindle Fire, then re-register with your new account.

If it does show up as a device, please select it as your default device so that all future purchases will automatically be delivered to it. Next, click on the CONTENT TAB. On the CONTENT tab you will see all of your Kindle book purchases. You can sort them by title, author or purchase date. Please locate the book that you want to download to your Kindle, select it by checking it and then click on the ACTIONS column. Choose deliver to OTHER as the action. Select your device from the Device list. If you have more than one Kindle, make sure that you choose the Kindle that you are actively using.

You're welcome. Please give this a try and let me know the results. If you have any problems with any of the steps or need clarification, just let me know. If for any reason this doesn't work for you, please tell me so I can provide additional help. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

I have gmail on the screen. I still do have the books I ordered. I shut down the kindle and rebooted. Still no books? I am not very good with devices. I am over 60. Lol
No thank you. Maybe my daughter can figure it out. Thank you for all your assistance.

The offers that you are seeing for Additional Services are not from me. Please ignore them. As I mentioned in my initial response:

I am SURE that I can help you if you will just try to follow the instructions that I have provided. Please do the following on your computer:

Please login to your new account at www.amazon.com/myk. On the page that appears next, you will see a CONTENT Tab and a DEVICES Tab. Please click on the DEVICES tab and make sure that your Kindle Fire is listed as a device for this account. If it is not, you will need to go to settings and device and DEREGISTER the Kindle Fire, then re-register with your new account.If it does show up as a device, please select it as your default device so that all future purchases will automatically be delivered to it. Next, click on the CONTENT TAB. On the CONTENT tab you will see all of your Kindle book purchases. You can sort them by title, author or purchase date. Please locate the book that you want to download to your Kindle, select it by checking it and then click on the ACTIONS column. Choose deliver to OTHER as the action. Select your device from the Device list. If you have more than one Kindle, make sure that you choose the Kindle that you are actively using.