E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Picture of book cover with horizontal and vertical lines…

Customer Question
Picture of book cover...

Picture of book cover with horizontal and vertical lines crunched over to left on screen can’t get rid of it and can’t go to books etc

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your e-reader?

Couple of weeks ago

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

No but inserted paper c lip in small hole at bottom edge

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No just want to get rid of the squished up book

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: E-Readers
5/31/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 2 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for exactly 20 seconds (no more, no less). Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.