E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

The screen is frozen with lines down part of the screen the…

Customer Question
The screen is frozen...

The screen is frozen with lines down part of the screen the screen. I have tried to reset and it is unresponsive. I cannot get to the home page or any other page. The kindle keyboard is fully charged.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your Kindle?

Last evening.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Twice

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I was using the kindle on a plane yesterday. I stopped using for an hour or two and when I picked it up again this is how I found it.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: E-Readers
5/31/2018
Electronics Technician: MD.SADIQUE, Engineer replied 2 months ago
MD.SADIQUE
MD.SADIQUE, Engineer

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

It verifies the screen has gone bad and needs replacement.

Is your Kindle under warranty?