E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I can't connect to my home WIFI. It gives me the message…

Customer Question
I can't connect to...

I can't connect to my home WIFI. It gives me the message "Authentication Problem". No other devices in my home have a problem. My internet provider says that since other devices are connecting, it is not something they can help me with.

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your e-reader?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, phone, etc.) connecting to the router?

Yes

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: E-Readers
5/30/2018
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 2 months ago
Jason Jones, Technician

I will be the technician working with you today.

May I ask for the brand and model name of your wireless router or your wireless modem?

If you would like remote support, select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support, you may ignore the prompt.

Panoramic Arris model # TG1682G

Thank you for responding. Being that only one device cannot connect, there must be an issue with the network configuration. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.