E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a kindle that belonged to a friend who has died. I…

Customer Question
I have a kindle...

I have a kindle that belonged to a friend who has died. I have no idea what his account username or password ***** I have my own account. Is there any way to wipe my kindle and set it up with my own account?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your Kindle?

Am just starting to charge it now.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

But the icon on the screen, though it is plugged in, still tells me I should plug it in, that is, it still shows the usb icon with an arrow pointing to a lightning symbol. The orange light on the bottom next to the chargin port is lit.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I have tried holding the power button for a minute, and now I see a reader sitting under a tree.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: E-Readers
5/30/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 2 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

i do need help still

Yes, you can set it up to your account.

Which Kindle model is it?