E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I cant get on my kindle,it keeps asking for my password and…

Customer Question
I cant get on...

I cant get on my kindle,it keeps asking for my password ***** I don't remember it

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your Kindle?

It has been months because I got disgusted with it , but Im going on a trip and would like to take it with me

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Amazon's online password ***** tool?

I don't know how to do that.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: E-Readers
5/29/2018
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 2 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 2 months ago

May I know if this is your amazon account password ***** your kindle lock screen password?

the kindle was a gift and was all set up when i received it. I only had to turn it on and it was working.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 2 months ago

Okay, Please try to restart your kindle once by following the below steps:

Let me know if it works for you.

1. Press and hold the Power button for a full 40 seconds.

After the first 6 to 8 seconds, the screen will go blank, which is normal. Continue holding the Power button.

2. After the 40 seconds, release the Power button.

The charge indicator light will turn on after a few seconds.

It is asking for a password, I don't know my password, I forgotit
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 2 months ago

May I know if it is asking for your WiFi password ***** your amazon account password?