E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle has a frozen screen. Last Thursday. The light come…

Customer Question
My kindle has a...

My kindle has a frozen screen.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your Kindle?

Last Thursday

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Yes. The green light come on, blinks and goes off

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

The screen is scrambled

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Still waiting
5/29/2018
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 2 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Sorry for the delayed response, My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

K
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 2 months ago

Please try to restart your kindle once by following the below steps:

Let me know if it works for you.

1. Press and hold the Power button for a full 40 seconds.

After the first 6 to 8 seconds, the screen will go blank, which is normal. Continue holding the Power button.

2. After the 40 seconds, release the Power button.

The charge indicator light will turn on after a few seconds.

No
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 2 months ago

Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to.

I did. The screen did not go blank.
There is no change
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 2 months ago

Is your kindle fully charged?

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 2 months ago

What are you seeing on your kindle screen?

The picture is all scrambled. Bits of a battery and the kindle tree with lines.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 2 months ago

Okay, Please try to turn it off and on again.

When I turn it off it flashed a few times and goes. When turned on the green light turns on the off. There is no difference to the screen
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 2 months ago

Okay, please try to restart your kindle by pressing the power button for one minute and see if the screen goes blank.

No change
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 2 months ago

May I know the exact model of your kindle for example kindle paperwhite,kindle fire?

It just says amazon kindle. I got it before kindle fire
Model # d00901 I think. Very small print
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 2 months ago

You can also reach them via phone 1-***-***-****,1-***-***-****,1-***-***-****.

Thank you
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 2 months ago

Thank you for your time and patience I really appreciate it.