E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I just bought a new Kindle fireHD8 to replace my old kindle…

Customer Question
I just bought a...

I just bought a new Kindle fireHD8 to replace my old kindle which lost its internal battery. I can't remember my password for my network Harry 2-4

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your Kindle?

I just bought it and am in the process of setting it up.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Amazon's online password ***** tool?

No

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/29/2018
Electronics Technician: Cris, Technician replied 2 months ago
Cris
Cris, Technician

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

I can assist you in retrieving your password. Can you tell me if you have a Windows laptop with established wireless connection to your WiFi? If so, what operating system is it using Windows 7, 8 or 10?

but I'm on my desk top now. I just turned my lap top (windows 7) on.

OK, no worries. I can provide you instructions remote support is offered automatically by the website and it is not required. Unless you would like to. Give me a moment to provide instructions.

1. Click on the Start button.
  2. In the search box at the bottom type in Manage Wireless Networks and hit enter.
  3. The wireless network box will appear.
  4. Double click on the WiFi network you want to retrieve the password *****
  5. A properties box will appear, click on the security tab.
  6. Place a check mark in show characters.
  7. The password ***** Network security key is your correct password.

Let me know if this answers your question or if you have any further questions. If it does please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top. Thanks, Cris.