E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a kindle ereader I purchased on February 20. I have…

Customer Question
I have a kindle...

I have a kindle ereader I purchased on February 20. I have used it only once. I charged it with the cable I purchased at the same time. It stayed charged for 2 days. I have been trying to charge it since that time using a different cable I have for another kindle and the one I purchased with the new kindle in several different outlets. It does not charge. When I open it, it says that there is a low battery. I would appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Since I purchased it on February 20. When I charged it the first time with the charger purchased at the same time it only stayed charged for 2 days. Also tried another charger and several different outlets. I open it up after letting it charge foe at least 24 hours and it still says low battery.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: E-Readers
5/29/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 2 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I went online yesterday and read up more on the problem. I had enough power to shut it off but could not get enough power to turn it back on so last night I kept switching it to different plugins and adapters and finally got enough power to turn it on again. Let it charge last night and so far it has stayed charged. I have had 2 other kindles and have never had a problem like this. Hopefully it will stay charged.

Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes then hold down the power button for 45 seconds while it is plugged in until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3 minutes for the complete reboot process. Allow it to charge for 20 minutes now and see if it will charge

If that does not work then please let me know when you purchased the Kindle