E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Totally not working. Something about not calibrating? red…

Customer Question
Totally not working...

Totally not working . Something about not calibrating? red yellow bands won't sign out or sign in? I 've only had this reader less than a year?

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your device?

The day before yesterday

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The E-reader Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your e-books and other data.

Don't know how or what to do

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: E-Readers
5/28/2018
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute). If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots. If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Let me know what happens once you try those steps.

my.justanswer.com/app/s/Ojjrvc

I'm confused. What is it you're posting a link to?

Are you able to read my reply? Did you try those steps?