E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My Kindle Fire isn't holding it's charge. I charge it to…

Customer Question
My Kindle Fire isn't...

My Kindle Fire isn't holding it's charge. I charge it to 100% overnight, and yet by the next afternoon it's down to 20% even though all I've done is read offline. This has just started within the last week.

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Kindle Fire?

If I understand what you are asking, I think the answer is yes. Our network is CenturyLink.

Technician's Assistant: The Android Technician will be able to walk you through that. Are other devices (computer, tablet, etc.) connecting to the router?

Yes, my wife and I both have laptops connected.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope, that's it.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: E-Readers
5/27/2018
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

If this does not work then reply back with the AGE of the Kindle please.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?