E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I already have an account with Amazon but I have forgotten…

Customer Question
I already have an...

I already have an account with Amazon but I have forgotten my password.

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your Amazon device?

I just bought a new Kindlepaperwhite and I am trying to set it up. My cell phone is(###) ###-#### Can you either issue me a new password ***** tell me what my old one is? Zenda Mancini

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Amazon's online password ***** tool?

No. Where do I find that?

Technician's Assistant: The E-Reader Specialist will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thank you.

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: E-Readers
5/27/2018
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 28 days ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 28 days ago

In this case you can try to reset the password ***** your amazon account by following the below steps:

To request a password *****:

1. Click on this link https://www.amazon.com/ap/forgotpassword?_encoding=UTF8&openid.assoc_handle=usflex&openid.claimed_id=http%3A%2F%2Fspecs.openid.net%2Fauth%2F2.0%2Fidentifier_select&openid.identity=http%3A%2F%2Fspecs.openid.net%2Fauth%2F2.0%2Fidentifier_select&openid.mode=checkid_setup&openid.ns=http%3A%2F%2Fspecs.openid.net%2Fauth%2F2.0&openid.ns.pape=http%3A%2F%2Fspecs.openid.net%2Fextensions%2Fpape%2F1.0&openid.pape.max_auth_age=0&openid.return_to=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fgp%2Fcss%2Faccount%2Fforgot-password%2Femail.html%3Fie%3DUTF8%26%252AVersion%252A%3D1%26%252Aentries%252A%3D0
  2. Follow the on-screen instructions.
  3. Follow the instructions in the e-mail sent to the e-mail address on your account.

Note: If you created your account with a mobile phone number, you'll receive an SMS message with instructions instead of an e-mail.

After you've created a new password, it will become active right away. You new password ***** be applicable for all Amazon related accounts.

Please let me know if it works for you.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
It is not working. Please advise.
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I do not want to pay $20 to get a password ***** my account. Please advise.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 28 days ago

Offers you see for Remote Assistance or Phone Calls are not me recommending them, it is this website. I am more than happy to accept your request for one, but you don't have to.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 28 days ago

May I know what is exactly happening when you are trying to follow the above steps and trying to reset your password?