E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I can't get the immersion reading to exit. Amazon kindle…

Customer Question
I can't get the...

I can't get the immersion reading to exit

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

Amazon kindle fire

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle Fire? What have you tried so far?

Just a couple of hours. Tried shutting it down and rebooted. Tried to go to settings but don't know what to look for

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I was listening to an audio book when it started when I tried to shut it down

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: E-Readers
5/27/2018
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 2 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
The Immersion Reading functionality allows you to read a Kindle eBook and listen to its professionally narrated Audible companion Audiobook at the same time. The Audible function reads aloud and whispersync highlights as it reads, to turn off Whispersync for Voice, please follow these steps.
Go to the Manage Your Content and Devices page on the Amazon desktop site.
Select the Settings tab.
Scroll down until you see Whispersync Device Synchronization.
Click ON.
Select OFF.

did that work for you?