E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Seems like Suri or someone like her has been installed on my…

Customer Question
Seems like Suri or...

Seems like Suri or someone like her has been installed on my Kindle. I can no longer get sound nor turn off my Kindle. I do not want this program and ask that it be taken off. Thanks

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

About an hour. I put the kindle under my pillow so I would not have to hear her voice since I cannot turn the Kindle off.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: E-Readers
I also cannot unlock the Kindle.
5/26/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 2 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

What specifically are you hearing? Does it read the words on screen to you?

No. It sound like a Suri type voice. I tried to shut down, it said "do you want to shut down" I said "yes" and clicked on yes. It said "something," but it is now saying "device locked", and it is, cannot unlock it. Keeps giving me the time of day and the word "bun" or something like that.
I am not going to give you $20.00. I resent the five I have already sent. Since
"satisfaction guaranteed" or money refunded, refund my five dollars. I will take this up with Amazon.

I did not ask for anything else.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me.

Visit the help page.