E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My reader keeps seizing up while reading. I have about 934…

Customer Question
My reader keeps seizing...

My reader keeps seizing up while reading. I have about 934 books on it and wonder if that is the problem. Once I can reopen the reader it pages through all 934 books before I can use the home page. I allows me to go the book I am currently reading only to repeat the same action.

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

Old version original kindle reader about 8 years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

I can get it started by powering it back up. it will let me return to the book I was reading from the home page and now has that locked up. It all started last night. It just reverted back to the page showing amazon kindle.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Could the battery be doing this since it is so old? Also it does hold the charge pretty well.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: E-Readers
5/26/2018
Electronics Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 2 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Please give me just a moment to review your question.

Please note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them.

It definitely sounds as though you may be nearing full capacity on your Kindle, and may need to delete a few of the books that you have already read. The books that you delete from your Kindle will continue to be available at the Amazon website under My CONTENT if you should wish to download them again at some point in the future.

You may want to consider resetting your device to factory settings. This will remove all books from your Kindle and set it back to the way that it was when you first took it out of the box, Please be aware that if you fo this, you'll need to know your Amazon account information as well as your Wifi information to set it up again.

Ok I'll try that. Thanks

Please keep me posted as to the results. If you have any problems with any of the steps or need clarification, just let me know. If for any reason this doesn't work for you, please tell me so I can provide additional help. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!