E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I BOUGHT 3 fire kindles last summer. and I've bought 6 or…

Customer Question
I BOUGHT 3 fire...

I BOUGHT 3 fire kindles last summer. My name is***** and I've bought 6 or more over time.. Right now my kindle won't charge at all. It will go up to 3 and that's it I've used a different charger and it doesn't work but it's charging my old kindle right now so I know it's goodl help please

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

About 2 months. At first it would charge but not stayed charged more than a few hours and then it went less and less. I don't know what else to dol

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

What do you mean?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: E-Readers
5/26/2018
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 2 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 2 months ago

Please try to restart your kindle by following the below steps:

Let me know if it works for you.

1. Press and hold the Power button for a full 40 seconds.

After the first 6 to 8 seconds, the screen will go blank, which is normal. Continue holding the Power button.

2. After the 40 seconds, release the Power button.

The charge indicator light will turn on after a few seconds.