E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Kindle is fully charged but will not open beyond the face…

Customer Question
Kindle is fully charged...

Kindle is fully charged but will not open beyond the face page. It is several years old. Have tried holding open the start switch to no avail.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Attempted to open last night, after sitting idle for two weeks. So charged the Kindle overnight and still won't start up. Have tried flicking the on/off switch or hold the on/off switch on...

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Would like to trade this old Kindle in on a new updated model.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: E-Readers
5/26/2018
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 2 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 2 months ago

Please try to restart your kindle once by following the below steps:

let me know if it works for you.

1. Press and hold the Power button for a full 40 seconds.

After the first 6 to 8 seconds, the screen will go blank, which is normal. Continue holding the Power button.

2. After the 40 seconds, release the Power button.

The charge indicator light will turn on after a few seconds.