E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My new kindle paper is in German! How do I change it to

Customer Question
My new kindle paper...

My new kindle paper white is in German! How do I change it to English???

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

We just purchased last night. We charged it over night. This morning we turned it on and it was in German. I was able to log into our wireless network. Finally got a menu to come up where you should be able to select a language, but I cannot read the German menu to understand where to go from there.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

The device is Steven's 6th Kindle

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: E-Readers
5/26/2018
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Technician replied 2 months ago
Russell H., Technician

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

In German, the English language is

"Die englische Sprache"

if that helps - I hope it does.

Other alternative are, to reset the Kindle, then when it prompts for a language or 'Sprache' choice, choose

Englische

(or "Aenglische").

Let me know if you need further advice and instructions, and I will provide what is needed to solve this.)

- If this answers your question, please rate my answer using the five-star interface at the top of the JustAnswer question page .... A five-star rating would be appreciated! Thank you.

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.