E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Two days ago I needed to buy a new book on my kindle. It had…

Customer Question
Two days ago I...

Two days ago I needed to buy a new book on my kindle. It had just updated and after I chose the book I wanted I got a message to say that something had gone wrong and the book couldn't be downloaded. I tried again and got the same result. I then tried to buy 2 other books with the same result. I then went to home and found that 3 books had downloaded. On checking my bank account I find 7 charges from Amazon. How do I get a refund for some of these. I am happy to keep the 3 books. But don't want to pay 7 times.

Technician's Assistant: When did this downloading issue start with your Kindle?

On Thursday 24th May 2018

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

No I haven't but the issue is not downloading a book it is the fact that I have received 3 books and there are 7 charges in my bank account.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: E-Readers
5/26/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 2 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for exactly 20 seconds (no more, no less). Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

This is not a technical problem now. My problem is that I only received 3 books (which is all that I wanted) but have 7 charges from Amazon in my bank account. How do I resolve this or who do I contact.