E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Kindle purchased in Feb.2018. when touching to get a book,

Customer Question
Kindle purchased in Feb.2018...

Kindle purchased in Feb.2018. when touching to get a book, another appears instead, cannot alter this.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

This has been going on for at least two weeks, most annoying!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Otherwise all is o.k.,

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/25/2018
Electronics Technician: info tech, Technician replied 2 months ago
info tech
info tech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
Whilst this may be a hardware issue I am hopeful you have success doing this>>>
Please reset the kindle by holding down (or slide to the right on early kindles) the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.
Let me know if you need more help OR if this does not work for you or if it does!.

Anthony

obviously need more help, followed your instructions, same results. Aileen

Did you see the kindle reset?it would have gone back to the home page

telephone too expensive, kindle costly enough, only 3 months old

kindle did not reset, no change whatsoever.

Then you need to do it again as you could not have done this

correctly you must hold down the on/off switch for the full 40 seconds

before removing your finger

kindle did not reset, no change whatsoever, tried several times, no luck

You will need to contact amazon to replace the kindle under warranty then

in that case

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200127470 use the contact button on the left