E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

The light is not working on my kindle fire. Two years. Two…

Customer Question
The light is not...

The light is not working on my kindle fire.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Kindle Fire?

Two years

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Kindle Fire?

Two years.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

Shut it down twice.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: E-Readers
I’m still waiting for an answer.
5/2/2018
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 2 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

If the above steps did not work then there is a hardware issue with your Kindle.

Since you are outside of the warranty period (1 year warranty) Kindle will probably not issue a replacement but they normally give great discounts for a current Amazon customer to upgrade to the Kindle Fire.

In SOME cases they will grant the 1 year warranty for a customer and give you a replacement. That is completely up to Amazon and is on a case to case basis that I have no control over.

Please call Amazon here ---> 1-***-***-****

Let them know that your Kindle has hardware issues and you need a replacement

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.