E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle has stopped working. I tried recharging. It

Customer Question
My kindle has stopped...

My kindle has stopped working

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

I tried recharging. It flashed the page for a second then reverts to screen aver.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

It is less than two years old

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: E-Readers
5/2/2018
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 3 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 3 months ago

Please try to restart your kindle by following the below steps:

Let me know if it works for you.

1. Press and hold the Power button for a full 40 seconds.

After the first 6 to 8 seconds, the screen will go blank, which is normal. Continue holding the Power button.

2. After the 40 seconds, release the Power button.

The charge indicator light will turn on after a few seconds.

Thank you. It seems to have worked!
Was I charged $29 .i thought it said $5.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 3 months ago

That's really great that your issue got resolved if you have any follow up question do not hesitate to ask if done please rate my service with 5 star see you soon again. Thank you.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 3 months ago

If you have any concern regarding charge You can contact JustAnswer's Customer Service by clicking on the Contact Us button at the bottom of your screen or by going to this link:http://http://ww2.justanswer.com/customer-support or via phone 1-***-***-**** and can check regarding the charges.