E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kobo glo was plugged in for two hours and it was not

Customer Question
My kobo glo was...

My kobo glo was plugged in for two hours and it was not charging. I tried different cords and ac adapters with no luck.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Glo? What have you tried so far?

Just today.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: E-Readers
5/1/2018
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 2 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible!
This could be a glitch with the Kobo firmware, if it is then a forced reboot will correct the issue. It could also be failed hardware either at the charger port or charge circuit. If that if the case then the best option will be to replace the Kobo.
Try these steps to reset the firmware then check to see if it will charge.
turn off your eReader.
Locate the small hole on the bottom of your eReader.
Unfold a paperclip and slide an end into the hole.
Press gently until you feel a click. Your eReader should restart.
Apparently I will have to replace my Kobo glo. It does not charge. I cannot do anything with it as power is about 2per cent.
No more charges. I already got stuck with $42.00 charged to me.
Using the paper clip did nothing. The problem is trying to charge theKobo.