E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I want to set up my husband's old kindle to my laptop and…

Customer Question
I want to set...

I want to set up my husband's old kindle to my laptop and his old password ***** not connect to NETGEAR40.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

The kindle has not been used in a year or so. I have tried his old password ***** when he set up his kindle a few years ago. I have tried to set up with a new password ***** it won,t connect.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Just help in setting up his kindle to my account. Thank you.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: E-Readers
4/3/2018
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 3 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 3 months ago

May I know if this is the WiFi password ***** amazon account password?

I was trying to use his password ***** he set his kindle up on his computer. I'm guessing it is a WiFi account. Not sure if he has an Amazon account.
Should I use MY amazon account to set him up on my laptop? I already have an account with Amazon to get my books.
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 3 months ago

If you want to set up kindle App on his computer you should have amazon account in order to register your kindle to amazon account and you should have your computer connected to WiFi.

Thank you. I will try something different and get back to you at "just answer".
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 3 months ago

Thank you for your time if you are unable to connect your WiFi you can check it with your Internet service provider.