E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My autistic 30 year old son is complaining that his battery…

Customer Question
My autistic 30 year...

My autistic 30 year old son is complaining that his battery will no longer hold a charge or drains very quickly it is a Mobel X43Z351. Has he got it too full or can I purchase and replace the Battery?

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

Amazon Kindle Fire Model X43Z60.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your X43Z60? What have you tried so far?

Like I said it belongs to my son and he has complained about a month. I am technically challenged on some of these newer devices but have a good mechanical aptitude.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Can we restore it or should we budget for a new tablet?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: E-Readers
4/3/2018
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and use it and see how it performs.

Let me know the results please

Thank you