E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle has decided to transfer all of my books to

Customer Question
Hi. My kindle has...

Hi. My kindle has decided to transfer all of my books to archives. When I try to get into a new book I have bought it tells me Now downloading the selected item. When downloading complete the item will appear in Home or if you choose to stay on this page the item will open automatically. This has gone on all day. I am not in the least bit tec savvy so need help with clear easy instructions on how to fix this. Thank you Ann

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your Kindle?

I read a book on it over the weekend

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Amazon's online password ***** tool?

No and I really don’t understand what I have to do to do that

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No thankyou

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: E-Readers
4/3/2018
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and use it.

Let me know the results please

Thank you