E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle will not recharge and previously won't connect to…

Customer Question
My kindle will not...

My kindle will not recharge and previously won't connect to my WiFi network.

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Kindle?

I can't access anything. Blank screen with low battery dimly showing then goes off. Won't recharge.

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, phone, etc.) connecting to the router?

Desk top computer and Samsung phone both working.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Yesterday my WiFi list showed two Karlan sites and both wouldn't connect-- marked Failed. Today just blank dark screen.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/2/2018
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 3 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Press and hold the power switch for a full 40 seconds, even after the screen goes black, then release.Then press the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account info.