E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Powered down nook last night. Now I can't get it back up.

Customer Question
Powered down nook last...

Powered down nook last night. Now I can't get it back up. Screen stays blank. What can I do ?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your e-reader?

Charged during nite. Checked power cord. It's good.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Not for a full minute. Will try now.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: E-Readers
4/2/2018
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 3 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.