E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Amazon 8-it won't unlock-says to swipe and nothing happens.

Customer Question
Amazon 8-it won't unlock-says...

Amazon 8-it won't unlock-says to swipe and nothing happens

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your Amazon device?

Just now-received it last week

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Amazon's online password ***** tool?

No

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: E-Readers
4/1/2018
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 3 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.
The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.