E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have two Kindles. All of a sudden they will do nothing.

Customer Question
I have two Kindles...

I have two Kindles. All of a sudden they will do nothing

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

One is old...Kindle Fire (I hope)

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Kindle Fire?

This one has the home button at bottom

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Kindle Fire?

Everything...even some cussin

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

I am OLD and I am not well

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/31/2018
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 3 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Let me know what happens once you try those steps.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

It tell s :Register your Kindle"
No talk. I am awidow and must watch $$$$$$$

I'm not sending that phone call offer- the website is and you can ignore it. The one that's asking you to register it- it was working before? It was already registered?

NO LET.S quit. I wiil do crossword puzzles instead