E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I'm giving it to my husband but unable to register it with…

Customer Question
I'm giving it to...

I'm giving it to my husband but unable to register it with my amazon account. He uses my account to shop all the time.

Technician's Assistant: What Amazon model do you have?

I don't know what your asking?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Amazon e-reader? What have you tried so far?

I've had an amazon account since 2001. He has always used my account, which is fine with me but I can't register this kindle to him without a amazon account.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
3/31/2018
Electronics Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 4 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Please give me just a moment to review your question.

Please note: You may see offers for ADDITIONAL SERVICES that are automatically generated by the website. They are completely optional. Please feel free to ignore them.

Your husband will definitely need his own account for the Kindle. To create one for him, please click the link below

http://amzn.to/2FBxvm4. Next, click on CREATE NEW ACCOUNT. Enter the requested information.

When his Amazon account has been successfully created, please write down the Amazon email address and password.

Next, on your Kindle you'll need to de-register it, then re-register it to him. If you can tell me the model of your Kindle I can walk you through resetting it to factory defaults, and then setting it back up for him.If you don't know the model number, here's how you can find out:

Please login to your account at www.amazon.com/myk. On the page that appears next, you will see a CONTENT Tab and a DEVICES Tab. On the DEVICE TAB you will see all of your Kindle devices, including the Kindle Cloud and any Kindle Reading Apps that you have installed. Please locate your Kindle in the list. Click on it to select it. Scroll down and look for a TYPE and SERIAL NUMBER.

Please let me now what you see ther.e Thank you!